- Implementing hardware
- Model fitting
||Expected duration and deadlines for the (major) milestones.
to fit the Corona 120 Heli.
|31/03||27/04||Design done and implementation initiated||Design and
implementation of PID controller
Implementation of Advanced Controllers
Major and minor milestones in the project
- Finish the adaptation and test of the model.
- Mount the servoboard, IMU and heli-cam on the helicopter
- Determine the parameters of the helicopter, with all the hardware implemented.
- When the offset between the IMU co-ordinate system origin and the body frame
origin is known, this must be taken into account in the serial interface between the
IMU and the control computer.
- Implement the servoboard interface.
The model and all the hardware is working, except the interface between
the image processing computer and the control computer. It is possible to control the
helicopter fromthe control computer and the system is ready for software implementation
and test. Also the servo motor positions are transmitted via the servoboard back to the
- Design and implement image processing software.
- Setup the serial interface between the image processing computer and the CC.
Image processing is working as expected, and the IPC transmits the absolute
position of the helicopter to the CC with a satisfactory precision and update frequency.
- Sensor Fusion. The IMU output and the IPC output will be fusioned to increase
precision and update frequency of the position output to the controller.
- State estimation. Before control is implemented, it is necessary to have a good
estimate of all the states in the system.
It is possible to estimate the state vector with a satisfactory precision and
update frequency. It is now possible to implement a controller.
- Design and implement a feasible controller to stabilize the model in hover.
- Verify the controller in a simulation environment.
- Test the controller on the real helicopter.
Goal reached. The helicopter is stabilized in hover.