Curriculum Vitae: Rafael Wisniewski
Affiliation: Aalborg University, Department of Electronic Systems
Fredrik Bajers Vej 7, C3-211, DK-9220 Aalborg East,
Denmark phone: +45 99 40 87 62, + 45 29 13 36 23,
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Private Address: Bredgade 139, 9700 Bronderslev, Denmark
Birthday: May 16th, 1968
2013- Professor, Department of Electronic Systems, Aalborg University;
2008-2013 Professor MSO, Department of Electronic Systems, Aalborg University;
2007-2008 Control Specialist, Refrigeration and Air-conditioning, Danfoss A/S;
1999-2008 Associate Professor, Department of Electronic Systems, Aalborg University;
Apr 2004-Sep 2005 Visiting Research Associate, Department of Mathematical Sciences, Aalborg University;
Jan-Feb 2006 Visiting Research Associate, Mittag-Leffler Institute, Stockholm, Sweden;
Aug 2003-Apr 2004 Visiting Research Associate, Mathematics Department, Rice University, Houston, TX;
1997-1999 Assistant Professor, Aalborg University, Department of Control Engineering;
Mar-July 1998 Visiting Researcher, NASA Goddard Space and Flight Center, Greenbelt, MD;
1992-1997 Research Assistant, Aalborg University, Department of Control Engineering.
2002-2005 PhD in Mathematics (differential topology), Department of Mathematical Sciences, Aalborg University;
1994-1997 PhD in Electrical Eng. (control), Department of Control Engineering, Aalborg University;
1987-1992 M.Sc. in Control and Measurements, West Pomeranian University of Technology, Szczecin, Poland.
Project Management Education
2015-2016 Mini MBA, PROBANA Business School;
2008-2009 Research Management Course, Copenhagen Business School;
2000 Scientific Project Management, Aarhus University;
2000 Course in Negotiation, the Danish Leadership Institute.
Management of Scientific Projects
Major grants with him as a principal investigator:
- CodeMe (2014-2017, DKK 5M awarded by Det Fri Forskningsrad, FTP),
- EDGE (2012-2016, DKK 22.2M awarded by Det Strategiske Forskningsrad),
- Smart & Cool (2011-2014, DKK 10M awarded by Vaekstforum), Wind Turbine Control Program (2010-2014, DKK 6.5M awarded by Vestas),
- Hybrid Control (2008-2011, DKK 2.3M awarded by Det Fri Forskningsrad, FTP).
- Over 50 peer reviewed international journal papers, and over 100 peer reviewed conference papers: VBN, google scholar;
- mostly cited paper (130 times): Wisniewski R., M. Blanke, Three-axis Attitude Control Based on Magnetic Torquing, Automatica, vol. 35, no. 7, pp. 1201-1214, 1999.
- Wisniewski, R., C. Thybo, A Method for Controlling A Refrigerant Distribution, Patent No. DK2008000213, DKA 200700846, 2008;
- Wisniewski, R., C. Thybo, Method for Controlling a Vapour Compression System, Patent No. DK2008000214, DKA 200700847, 2008.
- He graduated 15 PhD students and trained 6 postdoctoral fellows, whom are successful specialists in private sectors (Siemens, Vattenfall, Deif, Energy Centre of the Netherlands) and researchers at universities in Denmark, France, Germany, and the Netherlands.
- Juelsgaard M., Teixeira A., Johansson M., Wisniewski R., Bendtsen J.D., Distributed Coordination of Household Electricity Consumption was awarded "Best Student Paper Award" at 2014 IEEE Multi-Conference on Systems and Control.
- He developed a control system for the first Danish spacecraft named Orsted. Afterwards, the students from Aalborg University under his supervision launched in 2003 the first European student satellite, AAU CUBESAT. Two of them Lars Alminde and Kasl Kaas started company GomSpace.
The objectives: to establish mathematical formalism for analysis of cyber-physical systems, and to develop numerical methods for solving fundamental control problems for non-linear systems: stability, robustness, and safety.
- Head of Doctoral Program in Electrical and Electronic Engineering at AAU since 2011.
- Member of IFAC Technical Committee on Aerospace;
- Member of IFAC Technical Committee on Discrete Event and Hybrid Systems;
- Member of IEEE Technical Committee on Computational Aspects of Control System Design;
- Member of international program committee of 4th Workshop on Lagrangian and Hamiltonian Methods for Non Linear Control, 2012;
- Program Chair of 4th Workshop on Hybrid Autonomous Systems, 2014.
- Member of international program committee of 5th Workshop on Lagrangian and Hamiltonian Methods for Nonlinear Control, Lyon 2015.
- Member of international program committee of 21st International Symposium on Mathematical Theory of Networks and Systems, 2014, 2015, and 2016;
- Program Chair of 6th Workshop on Design, Modeling and Evaluation of Cyber Physical Systems, 2016;
- Sponsor and Exhibit Chair of European Control Conference, 2016;
- Associate Editor of IEEE Multi-Conference on Systems and Control, 2016;
- In Editorial Boar of Nonlinear Analysis: Hybrid Systems, since 2016.
Participation in Review Panels
European Commission (FP7, H2020), the National Science Foundation (US), the Royal Society (UK), Croatian Science Foundation, the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research, the Israel Science Foundation, National Research Foundation (South Africa), National Science Centre (Poland), National Agency for the Evaluation of Universities and Research Institutes (Italy).
- Aalborg City Springtime Award in 1999: "For the contributions of the Satellite Team at Aalborg University to advance the status of society and the recognition of the city."